• Welcome to the new and improved Building Code Forum. We appreciate you being here and hope that you are getting the information that you need concerning all codes of the building trades. This is a free forum to the public due to the generosity of the Sawhorses, Corporate Supporters and Supporters who have upgraded their accounts. If you would like to have improved access to the forum please upgrade to Sawhorse by first logging in then clicking here: Upgrades

Waiting for the glue to dry?

ICE

Oh Well
Framing inspection. Large two story. I didn't want to go inside but then I thought of the pictures. This place was amazingly, stupendously jacked-up. When I emerged I told them that I wouldn't remove the braces but if they can't resist, I suggested ropes and a truck.

IMG_2140.jpg

IMG_2141.jpg

The A35s .....no nails

IMG_2053.jpg

IMG_1888.jpg

On the second floor, you can find one nail in all of the bracing. The rest is held in place by friction. That includes the horizontal planks.

IMG_2058.jpg

You can zoom in on this picture if you find it too hard to believe.

IMG_2056.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
If I ever go back to the other side of the counter, I want to work with Tiger because there is never a dull day.

Coug Dad said:
Are those metal drums really supporting a load from above?
Given that the contractor has fitted bungs to the barrels I believe he can claim additional strength because it's now an air supported structure. If ICE won't go for that he can always chop out the tops and use them for burn barrels to get rid of the pile.

Bill