• Welcome to the new and improved Building Code Forum. We appreciate you being here and hope that you are getting the information that you need concerning all codes of the building trades. This is a free forum to the public due to the generosity of the Sawhorses, Corporate Supporters and Supporters who have upgraded their accounts. If you would like to have improved access to the forum please upgrade to Sawhorse by first logging in then clicking here: Upgrades

Wall Furnace

ICE

Oh Well
Picture062.jpg

There was no ladder at the first inspection but the wall was open and I could see that the attic shield was not installed. I wrote the correction: Install attic shield, provide a step ladder for inspection. I got a call from the contractor. I explained in minute detail. I gave him Google words. All that for an attic shield.

The picture is what I found at the next inspection. Oh my gosh! The runs down hilll. It dumps in front of an uphill attic vent and it's smothered in insulation. And if you guessed it, you get the prize, there was still no attic shield.

This looks mighty familiar. Nah it couldn't be, could it?

Last edited by a moderator:
how's Santa supposed to fit down that? Seriously, is that a b-vent or fireplace vent or what? At least it is secured with a metal strap.