• Welcome to the new and improved Building Code Forum. We appreciate you being here and hope that you are getting the information that you need concerning all codes of the building trades. This is a free forum to the public due to the generosity of the Sawhorses, Corporate Supporters and Supporters who have upgraded their accounts. If you would like to have improved access to the forum please upgrade to Sawhorse by first logging in then clicking here: Upgrades

Wall Protection Sheets on Doors

Firerated

Does anyone know of any NFPA code or similar that addresses FRP wall protection being attached to doors (adhesive attachment)? The product is by Inpro, class A rated. I would think that it would affect the fire rating of the door. I only found that the door cant be disguised to blend in with the wall. Thanks!!

Does anyone know of any NFPA code or similar that addresses FRP wall protection being attached to doors (adhesive attachment)? The product is by Inpro, class A rated. I would think that it would affect the fire rating of the door. I only found that the door cant be disguised to blend in with the wall. Thanks!!

For a

Fire Rated door

or

Any other non Fire Rated door????

For a

Fire Rated door

or

Any other non Fire Rated door????
Well, are there limitations for either situation? Because they want to use it on many different doors and Im thinking on at least a fire door would be be an issue. I'm willing to bet most of the doors are 20 minute labeled doors at a minimum.

Unless approved by the door listing, it should not be added to the door.

One of the best resources on this forum for FR-doors is Lori Greene. Either send her a PM or email at lori.greene@allegion.com.

Unless approved by the door listing, it should not be added to the door.

One of the best resources on this forum for FR-doors is Lori Greene. Either send her a PM or email at lori.greene@allegion.com.

Or the Orange Ball

Well, are there limitations for either situation? Because they want to use it on many different doors and Im thinking on at least a fire door would be be an issue. I'm willing to bet most of the doors are 20 minute labeled doors at a minimum.

There are also chapter 8 interior finish rules