• Welcome to the new and improved Building Code Forum. We appreciate you being here and hope that you are getting the information that you need concerning all codes of the building trades. This is a free forum to the public due to the generosity of the Sawhorses, Corporate Supporters and Supporters who have upgraded their accounts. If you would like to have improved access to the forum please upgrade to Sawhorse by first logging in then clicking here: Upgrades

Walmart Pools

On this type of pool I would say yes. If it is more than 24" deep!

I had one of these pop up in a front yard with no fence. Thankfully there was at least on person out there smart enough to call me right away. When I told the owner that it had to be drained immediately. With no display of emotion, he took out a pocket knife and slit open the pool. I am glad I wasn't there to tell him that his mother in-law had to vacate the converted garage.

No description needed.

IMG_0884.jpg

There is another thread that shows a new submersible pool pump/filter? Here, the plan was to install the equipment in the garbage can.

IMG_0885.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Coug Dad said:
Why isn't the wall of the pool the barrier?
Where the top of the pool structure is above grade, such as an above-ground pool, the barrier may be at ground level, such as the pool structure, or mounted on top of the pool structure. Where the barrier is mounted on top of the pool structure, the maximum vertical clearance between the top of the pool structure and the bottom of the barrier shall be 4 inches (102 mm).

Good question. If it is 48" to the top of the pool it complies if not you can add to it

Looks like some of Tiger's photo's from the old board!

Our zoning code prohibits all above ground and temporary pools.

mjesse said:
Looks like some of Tiger's photo's from the old board!Our zoning code prohibits all above ground and temporary pools.
Almost a poem:

That must be onerous to enforce.

Last edited by a moderator: