• Welcome to the new and improved Building Code Forum. We appreciate you being here and hope that you are getting the information that you need concerning all codes of the building trades. This is a free forum to the public due to the generosity of the Sawhorses, Corporate Supporters and Supporters who have upgraded their accounts. If you would like to have improved access to the forum please upgrade to Sawhorse by first logging in then clicking here: Upgrades

Water Heater Disconnect

Man, I'd like to be in the valve bizz! I count six in that photo.

That switch is better than that no off and on rocker switch ICE was pawning off the other day! :p

Where is the gas shutoff? Where's the drip leg? Don't tell me the galv gas pipe goes into the dirt without protection.

Is that a 2 pole switch? Dollars to doughnuts the WH install instructions call for a dedicated circuit

A two pole? Why? Did you feel the need to switch the neutral? This is a gas unit.

BTW, the specs for this particular unit from Rinnai do not require a dedicated circuit. It just requires a 120v 60Hz circuit with equipment grounding.
This is residential.