• Welcome to the new and improved Building Code Forum. We appreciate you being here and hope that you are getting the information that you need concerning all codes of the building trades. This is a free forum to the public due to the generosity of the Sawhorses, Corporate Supporters and Supporters who have upgraded their accounts. If you would like to have improved access to the forum please upgrade to Sawhorse by first logging in then clicking here: Upgrades

Water Park

TKT

Hello,

First time poster here.

I have been doing plan review here in the desert southwest for about six years and am getting ready for a pre-development meeting on my first water park. Go figure, first water park in the desert. Granted, we are a small jurisdiction.

Sorry, to the point. Does anyone out there have any info which might be helpful in looking at this facility.

This will be an addition to an existing amusement type park...bumper boats, go-karts, putt-putt and indoor arcade.

The water park will be outside not enclosed.

Any help will be greatly appreciated, Thanks

if structures fire department access to them

and access period for ems and fire for all the broken bones

The access board for ADA has specific stuff for amusement rides. I found it, as well as the contributors on this forum helpful when addressing accessbility requirements.

These facilities commonly treat their water. You need to ask about the water treatment chemicals, quantities, and hazard classifications.

Thank you all, so much. This will be very helpful.

Funny, cda. Perhaps that's why these facilities have to carry such high amounts of liability insurance.