• Welcome to the new and improved Building Code Forum. We appreciate you being here and hope that you are getting the information that you need concerning all codes of the building trades. This is a free forum to the public due to the generosity of the Sawhorses, Corporate Supporters and Supporters who have upgraded their accounts. If you would like to have improved access to the forum please upgrade to Sawhorse by first logging in then clicking here: Upgrades

We need to wake-up / it could be to late

Not good at all.........I know they have a very tough job to do, but I know a few cops that are way to full of themselves. A little "God" complex going on.

They shouldn't have said no to the police.

Law enforcement personnel see the worst of humanity. The law enforcement community is structured like a military. Beginning with the academy, the ideals of a fraternity are fostered. The majority of the populous fears and reviles the police. The police do lose their lives doing the job. Nobody wants the police around until they need the police.

Ya gotta figure that anyone that wants that job has a few loose screws.

My home is still my castle......would I have said no to them? Probably not.......heck, I probably would have asked if I could sit in with them! But, this person said no, and no means no, at least that's what we have been taught.

"The police do lose their lives doing the job."

So do construction workers....and more of them.....And I do respect some of both groups, the ones that are professional and courteous....

The last time I looked we were still in the good old USA!

Have we lost all of our rights!

This is not the end of the story. We do have rights. Americans get to hire lawyers and fight things out in court. In countries where there is no rule of law, they rape your women and kill your children in front of you without fear of recourse.

Just say'in, the news story in the OP sheds light, but does not have the finality of judgement that is inflected by its tone.

Jobsaver said:
This is not the end of the story. We do have rights. Americans get to hire lawyers and fight things out in court. In countries where there is no rule of law, they rape your women and kill your children in front of you without fear of recourse.Just say'in, the news story in the OP sheds light, but does not have the finality of judgement that is inflected by its tone.
just hope it's not to late>

A bit more to heavy handed then I could stand. They do have a very tough job and there can be no argument there. But I do believe they more than crossed the line.

I agree that there are limits on what the government can impose. I also noted the reference to some individuals having a God complex.

Other threads have pointed out that just because the building code says the building official can enter at will doesn't mean that it is legal.

Now turn around and look at a problem in the building enforcement community where there are building officials who impose their will, not the code, on the Owner.

It is also my understanding that building officials refer to certain code provisions that attempt to give the building official broad discretion as a God Clause.

There are provisions in the IBC that are arguably not legal.

The point is not that all building officials abuse their power, because not all do, but rather that there is a problem that the enforcement community needs to talk about.