• Welcome to the new and improved Building Code Forum. We appreciate you being here and hope that you are getting the information that you need concerning all codes of the building trades. This is a free forum to the public due to the generosity of the Sawhorses, Corporate Supporters and Supporters who have upgraded their accounts. If you would like to have improved access to the forum please upgrade to Sawhorse by first logging in then clicking here: Upgrades

well it is a water heater

ICE

Oh Well

I wrote 32 corrections. I even noted that the connector is too small. I missed the valve. The kid doing the work pointed it out.

Last edited by a moderator:
No strapping...

Not raised....

No clearances from combustibles...

Nice loop de loop in the fuel line....

plenty of combustion air....

It was during a followup inspection that the kid told me about the valve. It could be that the kid is wrong. The valve in the picture has been replaced but the valve in the picture could have been a WOG valve. I guess I need to see the offending valve.

Last edited by a moderator:
= = \ = =

No drip leg in the gas supply line...

No drip pan...

Questioning the T & P discharge piping...

= = / = =

I have inspected a few dozen of these for the same company. They haven't followed the engineered plan.....ever. That's never without the n. This time, they stuck six feet of 2x6 on one side of three rafters and called it good. There is a homemade truss that interrupts the path so even if they knew better they still couldn't follow the plans.

They broke a rafter tie and look at what the did with the vent.

I'm glad that they are getting better.

It's amazing the crap we have to inspect and the yahoo's doing the work. $200.00 dollars worth of stuff from "domicile station", and wallah, were saving energy!

Free hot water from the sun! Should figure in the roof repair with every sale!

pc1