• Welcome to the new and improved Building Code Forum. We appreciate you being here and hope that you are getting the information that you need concerning all codes of the building trades. This is a free forum to the public due to the generosity of the Sawhorses, Corporate Supporters and Supporters who have upgraded their accounts. If you would like to have improved access to the forum please upgrade to Sawhorse by first logging in then clicking here: Upgrades

What code cycle? Tamper Resistant Receptacles

New to the Forum !!

I want to say it was in 1996 that the use of outlet plug covers were allowed in place of TP so I want to say 93 cycle ...…...

This was yesterday's delivery. I dork pretty hard on code history. The dusty pages sitting next to me remember more than I do.

Thank's Glenn, proof there is a reason to keep or collect code books.

I did not have the 2008 NEC or the 2009 IRC and never concerned adopting that code cycle. Were additional rooms added like they did the AFCI's?

Thank's Glenn, proof there is a reason to keep or collect code books.

I did not have the 2008 NEC or the 2009 IRC and never concerned adopting that code cycle. Were additional rooms added like they did the AFCI's?
2008 just said all receptacles in 210.52
2011 added the that it's only "nonlocking-type" and it gave exceptions for above 5.5 ft., when part of a luminarie or appliance, dedicated appliance receptacles, etc.

one would think our memories are infallible....if lives depended on answers from memory, people would surely die! I am slowly learning that I can't trust my memory,,,makes me sad that I am not as good as I think I am...