• Welcome to the new and improved Building Code Forum. We appreciate you being here and hope that you are getting the information that you need concerning all codes of the building trades. This is a free forum to the public due to the generosity of the Sawhorses, Corporate Supporters and Supporters who have upgraded their accounts. If you would like to have improved access to the forum please upgrade to Sawhorse by first logging in then clicking here: Upgrades

What is in your back yard?

mtlogcabin

SAWHORSE
This picture was taken with a remote motion sensor camera. The grizzly was coming into the back yard to feed on the apple tree in the middle of the day.

50773a9143620.preview-300.jpg

mtlogcabin said:
This picture was taken with a remote motion sensor camera. The grizzly was coming into the back yard to feed on the apple tree in the middle of the day.
50773a9143620.preview-300.jpg
I told you there was good reasons I wanted to relocate to Montana. This is one.

I told you there was good reasons I wanted to relocate to Montana. This is one.
GregThis isinformation I got from a ranger at Glacier who says he’s had too many closecalls with grizzly and black bears!

He says alwaysremember:

When engaged in activities in bear country, officials advisewearing little bells to warn bears

of your presence so as to surprise them and to carrypepper spray to use in case of a close

encounter with a bear.

To tell if you are in black bear or grizzly bear territory -check the scat.

Black bear scat contains little berries and sometimes bits offur.

Grizzly bear scat contains little bells and smells likepepper spray.

J

I think a real man would offer the Grizzly bear all the apples he could eat and tell him to have a nice winter!

mtl,

last week ten feet out the kitchen window stood a nice 4x4 buck eating the wifes roses. she said "shoot it hun" i did! three times with the bb gun with three pumps. He finally ran off. next day walking to the garden to pick some tomatoes and cucumbers i noticerd the grapes were moving so i figured the dam buck was back. I threw a rock and hollered at the 300# black bear thirty feet from ,me and i was 50' from the house. He stood up taller than me and i did what any real man would do. I ran to the house screaming like a little girl as he was runnig the other way. Seeing your bear; i prefer my bear:mrgreen: