• Welcome to the new and improved Building Code Forum. We appreciate you being here and hope that you are getting the information that you need concerning all codes of the building trades. This is a free forum to the public due to the generosity of the Sawhorses, Corporate Supporters and Supporters who have upgraded their accounts. If you would like to have improved access to the forum please upgrade to Sawhorse by first logging in then clicking here: Upgrades

What is this setup

jar546

Forum Coordinator
I found this old photo I took and I am trying to see if I can remember why I took it.Are any of you guru's up to the challenge. The information that I have is that I have no information other than the photo itself. Something not look right????

View attachment 1992

View attachment 1992

/monthly_2013_10/IMAG0091.jpg.6f9a6ba2ae2608ea6373f603cc668eaa.jpg

There is one green wire in each raceway and another going to the top 4's bonding bushings, the last going to the side raceway bonding bushings.

I'm with Chris, are all the lugs rated for multiple conductors? Especially the neutrals? But, that's just the dumb ol' carpenter in me...................

chris kennedy said:
Very few lugs rated for 2 conductors have round holes
Thanks for sharing your experience. I can't tell if the holes are round from the picture.

Shouldnt all conductors for each feed be in one raceway? I dont like the parallel conductors, I guess someone had that lying around. Two wires under one lug, ratings?

The split out of the parallel conductors does seem to be right, one set per raceway (L1, L2 and a neutral each)

I agree about the lugs, we need a better look.

This is a 3 pole switch, only using 2 so it must not be an SDS.

chris kennedy said:
Very few lugs rated for 2 conductors have round holes
How about these clamps? The hole is round. It is part of the perimeter bonding grid for a pool. The company thinks that I have it out for them...I don't know why.

Last edited by a moderator:
The top photo should have been a split bolt, link to similar product, note wire ranges don't say; "2 #10's to..."

Second pic the wire ranges are listed on PNL cover but definitely won't say two conductors for that lug.

How about this for the pool perimeter grid? Are they listed for direct burial?

chris kennedy said:
Haven't you posted that pic before? Nice clear close up, what type of camera?
Probably not because it looks like it was done correctly. I have posted the wrong way to crimp. The camera is a Nikon S9500.

So what do you think about using the crimp for this application? I'm hoping it's okay in as much as that was my suggestion.

Most ground bus lugs in panels are listed for up to 3 wires (grounds, not neutrals) and they are round.

I would what to see the listing on that ground clamp tho.