• Welcome to the new and improved Building Code Forum. We appreciate you being here and hope that you are getting the information that you need concerning all codes of the building trades. This is a free forum to the public due to the generosity of the Sawhorses, Corporate Supporters and Supporters who have upgraded their accounts. If you would like to have improved access to the forum please upgrade to Sawhorse by first logging in then clicking here: Upgrades

What Is Your Occupation?

What is your primary occupation?

• Architect

Votes: 7 17.1%
  • Building Official/Inspector/Plans Examiner

Votes: 21 51.2%
  • Contractor / Tradesman

Votes: 3 7.3%
  • Engineer

Votes: 3 7.3%
  • Property Owner / Developer

Votes: 1 2.4%
  • Retired

Votes: 2 4.9%
  • Designer

• Fire Official

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other

• Total voters

jar546

Forum Coordinator
I've got a small favor to ask that could really change the game for our forum. We're trying to cut down on those random Google ads and bring in advertisers that actually match our interests. To do that, we need a bit more about who we are as a community. That's where the 'Occupation' field in your profile comes in. If you could update that with what you really do, it would be a huge help.

Also, while we're getting that sorted, could you take a moment to participate in a quick poll? This will give us a snapshot of our community's professional landscape. It's just a few clicks, but it'll make a big difference.

So, two things: update your occupation in your profile (just click your avatar, easy peasy), and take part in the poll. Together, we can make our forum a lot more relevant and enjoyable for everyone.

Thanks a bunch for your help!

PLEASE TAKE THE POLL & DO NOT POST YOUR ANSWER BELOW, JUST PARTICIPATE IN THE POLL

I would think your snap shot would be more helpful without "retired" as an occupation. If someone here is a retired engineer or retired building official, it seems they should be included in their career profession. Or double the list so each profession has a retired option. Just a thought. Looking forward to results in any case.

So I've got to ask: 8 or 10 choices? and I count 9? And did you change mine from other - I'm sure I clicked that - to designer?