• Welcome to the new and improved Building Code Forum. We appreciate you being here and hope that you are getting the information that you need concerning all codes of the building trades. This is a free forum to the public due to the generosity of the Sawhorses, Corporate Supporters and Supporters who have upgraded their accounts. If you would like to have improved access to the forum please upgrade to Sawhorse by first logging in then clicking here: Upgrades

Which wich fries

This is an all too common problem or scenario depending on what they use to fry with. We now have self contained units that don't require a hood (per listing) or they just don't understand that they need a hood.

This is the only way I know out of it....

Exception: A Type I hood shall not be required for an
electric cooking appliance where an approved testing
agency provides documentation that the appliance effluent
contains 5 mg/m3 or less of grease when tested at an
exhaust flow rate of 500 cfm (0.236 m3/s) in accordance
with UL 710B.

Fries will not be sold at stores in North Carolina for now; stores are working on getting appropriate permits to add the fryers to their stores.

https://q-n-c.com/faq/what-is-an-air-fryer/

What makes you think the which wich fryer will be the hot air type? You might be right, i just didnt see that.

And the hot air fryer you linked sounds like a turbo chef oven, like lots of sandwich shops use. But if youre not frying in hot greasy oil ... its not frying ... its baking.

Yum. Air fried food
torpedo heated food?

I saw the drywaller's warming up their homemade tamales with a torpedo heater last winter, had to cut my inspection time to go to lunch early, made me hungry. They offered me one but I had to decline.