• Welcome to the new and improved Building Code Forum. We appreciate you being here and hope that you are getting the information that you need concerning all codes of the building trades. This is a free forum to the public due to the generosity of the Sawhorses, Corporate Supporters and Supporters who have upgraded their accounts. If you would like to have improved access to the forum please upgrade to Sawhorse by first logging in then clicking here: Upgrades

Why did we need a permit? DWV

jar546

Forum Coordinator
Found this today in a commercial place that has multiple businesses along a wall so they ran this 2" line to all 6 wash sinks.

IMG_9866.JPG

mtlogcabin said:
Is the pan under the sink to catch the drips?
Actually, yes! If you notice, the ring has fallen off the middle sink.

In relation to another thread, they ran the DWV and supply directly beneath an electrical panel.

This is a good way to avoid getting caught creating a waste stream. Dump something hazardous down the drain and no one knows who is responsible.

They are concerned enough to not damage the wood flooring ( i.e. - sink on wood blocks ),

but won't fix the darn 3 compt. sink leak. Go figure!

Does'nt that quicky vent have to be higher in pic #1 and wheres the vent for the handsink in pic #2?

Jar, Whats in the crockpot?

pc1

Pcinspector1 said:
Jar, Whats in the crockpot?

pc1
Something tasty like scrapple, I would think.

I've looked at the photo several times and must say it's an optical illusion for me. I can't see how the drain is possibly 2".