• Welcome to the new and improved Building Code Forum. We appreciate you being here and hope that you are getting the information that you need concerning all codes of the building trades. This is a free forum to the public due to the generosity of the Sawhorses, Corporate Supporters and Supporters who have upgraded their accounts. If you would like to have improved access to the forum please upgrade to Sawhorse by first logging in then clicking here: Upgrades

Why did you disconnect my power??

Heard of a grow house in a neighboring AHJ that had used a cheep set of jumper cables to feed the panel bypassing the meter. This was an older house the weather head was on one side of the house, the feeders ran through the attic to the meter on the opposite side. They did a "flying" splice with the clamps from the feeders to the panel lugs. Of course no tape was used, I guess they didn't want too spend anymore than necessary.

Copper%20pipe%20fuse.jpg

images

cutover_switch.jpg

pieces of copper tubing instead fuses

At least they removed the paint from the blades for a good bond?

I've never seen the copper tubing used inplace of fuses, but have seen Lincoln cents used behind the plug fuses!

Just amazing!

pc1

Greetings all,

I guess it means I'm getting old. Not much of anything surprises me anymore.

I wish I had pics of one I saw in another jurisdiction. A feeder conduit from a mobile home pole to the mobile home ac was actually a piece of garden hose with romex connectors and an exterior bonding wire wrapped around the hose. I guess they figured it was ok as long as it had the bond wire.

Gotta love it!

BS

righter101 said:
Shouldn't the teeth of the blade be facing inward?
Good catch! The teeth are to face inward to prevent accidental cuts on the fingers. You get to go home 15 minutes early.

righter101 said:
Shouldn't the teeth of the blade be facing inward?
One is half a bread knife and the other is half a steak knife. The fuses are supposed to match each other.

Yes, ICE. You are correct. One is half of a butter knife and the other is half of a steak knife. I took that photo and my boss loaded it onto this forum. I just activated my account. We couldn't believe our eyes.....unbelievable someone would risk their life for this, but they do. Shocking..!!