• Welcome to the new and improved Building Code Forum. We appreciate you being here and hope that you are getting the information that you need concerning all codes of the building trades. This is a free forum to the public due to the generosity of the Sawhorses, Corporate Supporters and Supporters who have upgraded their accounts. If you would like to have improved access to the forum please upgrade to Sawhorse by first logging in then clicking here: Upgrades

Why I Hate Southern Yellow Pine

Is the stamp on the top or bottom of the sheet?

Wall face or floor pic?

I've always specified 5/8" plywood for roof sheathing, with plyclips at unsupported edges where rafter or truss spacing exceeds 16", because the 1/2"(especially 4 ply) often warped. Plywood has better nail holding power than OSB.

No what?
Is it within tolerances?
Stop order?
Engineer review?
Okay to cover up?

Seems like there should be a plywood clip or blocking?

Span information should be marked on the sheeting.

Are they required by code?
Residential code requires it for thinner sheathing over larger spans, such as 3/8 at 24" spacing, given allowable live load and other factors.

TABLE R503.2.1.1(1)
Footnote d) Lumber blocking, panel edge clips (one midway between each support, except two equally spaced between supports where span is 48 inches), tongue-and-groove panel edges, or other approved type of edge support.

Looks like similar requirements are in the building code too, 2304.8. I'll have to read it a bit, but I think you get to the same basic idea.

Clips suck, T&G is the way to go, I never had problems with nail holding in OSB if you don't over drive the nails