• Welcome to the new and improved Building Code Forum. We appreciate you being here and hope that you are getting the information that you need concerning all codes of the building trades. This is a free forum to the public due to the generosity of the Sawhorses, Corporate Supporters and Supporters who have upgraded their accounts. If you would like to have improved access to the forum please upgrade to Sawhorse by first logging in then clicking here: Upgrades

Why I love commercial electrical over residential

jar546

Forum Coordinator
Commercial work:

IMAG0054.jpg

Residential work:

IMAG0050.jpg

Gotta love those weekend warriors.......

I'm going to have some excellent pics of a commercial/industrial electrical installation going into a cheeese factory here. Stainless steel, tubing, boxes, etc. in the production areas, fabricated on site. Saw some samples when we took it to the BOA for approval of alternate methods, this is going to be so cool. Will be sharing with you all.

Wouldn't some of those neatly [ close proximity to each ] circuits

of NM need derating? :eek: .....Also, in some places, the staples appear

to be crimping the NM.

north star said:
Wouldn't some of those neatly [ close proximity to each ] circuitsof NM need derating?
Nope, the installer maintained spacing, and IMO, according to the reference below, spacing could be one hydrogen atom.

310.15(B)(2) Adjustment Factors. (a) More Than Three Current-Carrying Conductors in a Raceway or Cable. Where the number of current-carrying conductors in a raceway or cable exceeds three, or where single conductors or multiconductor cables are installed without maintaining spacing for a continuous length longer than 600 mm (24 in.) and are not installed in raceways, the allowable ampacity of each conductor shall be reduced as shown in Table 310.15(B)(2)(a). Each current-carrying conductor of a paralleled set of conductors shall be counted as a current-carrying conductor.

nice touch with the wood blocks standing the conductors off so they could cross perpendicular. I couldn't see them at first the darn paint job is nicer than my living room.

I'm tempted to keep copies of those pics in my wallet for the next time I call an install for bundling.