• Welcome to the new and improved Building Code Forum. We appreciate you being here and hope that you are getting the information that you need concerning all codes of the building trades. This is a free forum to the public due to the generosity of the Sawhorses, Corporate Supporters and Supporters who have upgraded their accounts. If you would like to have improved access to the forum please upgrade to Sawhorse by first logging in then clicking here: Upgrades

Window assemblies and NFRC

jar546

Forum Coordinator
For those utilizing the IECC

Commerical storefronts, commercial windows put together on site with separate glazing and frames is the topic.

Do you require an NFRC sticker for the assembly or just a glazing rating?

Many of the local installers are stating that they can't get an NFRC sticker because the frame and glazing are from two different manufacturers but the NFRC says different since they have most manufacturers equipment on file.

How do you handle this?

Re: Window assemblies and NFRC

Jeff, With all due respect. We don't. The IECC is a run-a-way freight train. Along with the "green thing".

jpranch said:
Jeff, With all due respect. We don't. The IECC is a run-a-way freight train. Along with the "green thing".
I can't agree with you on this one. The IECC is very reasonable in my opinion and leaves you plenty of options including ASHRAE & ComCheck. I see the value in our area due to the cold winters that we have and the large heating and lighting bills.

I am having a very difficult time geting the U factors for store front windows and garage doors. Usually it's the last thing that is holding up the c/o. Then I get in trouble for holding up the c/o. All I get is a letter form the window company with a U factor listed. It would be nice to at least get a letter from the 3rd party that tested it, but I never saw anyone testing them at the site after the windows and garage doors are assembled.

There are rumors that L&I is going to start auditing inspections for energy here in PA like the do for accessibily now.