• Welcome to the new and improved Building Code Forum. We appreciate you being here and hope that you are getting the information that you need concerning all codes of the building trades. This is a free forum to the public due to the generosity of the Sawhorses, Corporate Supporters and Supporters who have upgraded their accounts. If you would like to have improved access to the forum please upgrade to Sawhorse by first logging in then clicking here: Upgrades

window installation

Jennifer Davidson

These windows do not appear to be installed properly. The house had a major remodel in 2002. The windows showed no sign of leaks or moisture infiltration, but they just look wrong. I have shown the photos to many other inspectors who all say it does not look right, but can not confirm it is wrong. Even an 'expert' who evaluated the windows said it looked wrong, but didn't think it would be a problem. Vague.
Is anyone out there familiar with or has seen this installation.

These windows do not appear to be installed properly. The house had a major remodel in 2002. The windows showed no sign of leaks or moisture infiltration, but they just look wrong. I have shown the photos to many other inspectors who all say it does not look right, but can not confirm it is wrong. Even an 'expert' who evaluated the windows said it looked wrong, but didn't think it would be a problem. Vague.
Now I have to figure out how to put the photo on this forum.

Any warranty on the windows??

I recommend
TLS Laboratories for Window Leak Testing ‎
Adtlslabs.businesshomepage.info/‎
(949) 427-9698