• Welcome to the new and improved Building Code Forum. We appreciate you being here and hope that you are getting the information that you need concerning all codes of the building trades. This is a free forum to the public due to the generosity of the Sawhorses, Corporate Supporters and Supporters who have upgraded their accounts. If you would like to have improved access to the forum please upgrade to Sawhorse by first logging in then clicking here: Upgrades

wiring in a BL3 lab

mshields

Silver Member
I've got a piece of equipment in a BL3 lab that requires 3, 20A, 120V circuits to feed it from above. Given the sealing challenges associated with the space, I'm wondering what the best way to do this is.

I'm thinking a flush mounted cast box in the ceiling with a transition to LTFC. A) do you think this is workable and B) any alternative sugggestions?

Thanks,

Mike

Biosafety Level 3 lab.

This is applicable to clinical, diagnostic, teaching, research, or production facilities in which work is done with indigenous or exotic agents which may cause serious or potentially lethal disease after inhalation.

Compliment of Wikipedia.

ok, so what are the sealing challenges you have to contend with ? do things have to really tight after the install, no air infiltration, a compound that willl not shrink, crack and dry out over time or ?

BL3's are maintained at a slight negative pressure so any air leakage should be into the lab, not from the lab to adjacent spaces.