• Welcome to the new and improved Building Code Forum. We appreciate you being here and hope that you are getting the information that you need concerning all codes of the building trades. This is a free forum to the public due to the generosity of the Sawhorses, Corporate Supporters and Supporters who have upgraded their accounts. If you would like to have improved access to the forum please upgrade to Sawhorse by first logging in then clicking here: Upgrades

Wonders Never Cease to Amaze the Hell Out of Me

jar546

Forum Coordinator
We did a plan review on a rather large home for new construction. There was a moderate list of 21 items sent out for the review letter to the licensed architect. To be nice and communicate better we referenced an R-Code for each and every line item such as "Per R406.2" just to give you an example.

Today I received a message to call back the wife of the architect. It went something like this

(Insert name here) is a little confused about this letter because you are referencing these R numbers and he has no idea what they are. You know he has been in business since 1977 and never had this happen before. This home has been design and redesigned a few times and nothing was ever questioned so why are you doing this?

I'll just forget the part about me explaining things. In the end we had a wonderful 20+ minute conversation. What a nice lady.

An "artichoke" that doesn't own a code and doesn't realize there is a new code just for residential from about 6 years ago.