• Welcome to the new and improved Building Code Forum. We appreciate you being here and hope that you are getting the information that you need concerning all codes of the building trades. This is a free forum to the public due to the generosity of the Sawhorses, Corporate Supporters and Supporters who have upgraded their accounts. If you would like to have improved access to the forum please upgrade to Sawhorse by first logging in then clicking here: Upgrades

Wood Timber Skyscrapers?

My guess is this will be one of the most heavily amended provisions in the code? The proponents claim they have all the fire test data and approvals but i am sure there will still be those who will not take kindly to combustible skyscrapers.

I went to a training sponsored by one of the proponents.
The trainer stated CLT is a good option for 5-9 stories or so, and that is the market they are marketing to.

CTL high rise bldg's are coming whether we like them or not. The few examples provided in the video clip amongst other bldg's out there, businesses such as Katerra who not only are committed toward CTL but also modular bldg and they are heavily funded by private investors and companies alike.

For those of us in the inspection business and young enough to last another 20 or more years it's going to be an interesting ride.