• Welcome to the new and improved Building Code Forum. We appreciate you being here and hope that you are getting the information that you need concerning all codes of the building trades. This is a free forum to the public due to the generosity of the Sawhorses, Corporate Supporters and Supporters who have upgraded their accounts. If you would like to have improved access to the forum please upgrade to Sawhorse by first logging in then clicking here: Upgrades

worth reporting?

ICE

Oh Well
Does anyone think that this is worth reporting to the POCO. I don't like to bother them unless it's dangerous.

I think it is worth having them swing by for a peek. One of the ungrounded conductors seems to have broken loose from the roof edge mount and is just swinging from the service head. If nothing else, there is no drip loop and water will go down the service mast.

The whole thing looks pretty dodgy to me.

A definite 'yes'! Homeowner would be getting a letter from the local electrical utility here at the least, probably would be disconnected until installation deemed safe.

Sue

Most places would have the PoCo owning that drop up to the service point so it should be a free call for the home owner.

I would expect that 3 wire drop, a relic from the "Leave it to Beaver" days, to be swapped out for a triplex anchored to the service mast. FPL replaced ours almost 3 decades ago.