• Welcome to the new and improved Building Code Forum. We appreciate you being here and hope that you are getting the information that you need concerning all codes of the building trades. This is a free forum to the public due to the generosity of the Sawhorses, Corporate Supporters and Supporters who have upgraded their accounts. If you would like to have improved access to the forum please upgrade to Sawhorse by first logging in then clicking here: Upgrades

WP in the legend

chris kennedy

Sawhorse
The is no NEC definition of weather proof. Devices, covers and luminaires installed in wet locations shall be listed. In the name of professionalism, is the any chance you fine folks could change you legends to perhaps;

LWL GFCI= Listed wet location GFI?

Just one of the little things that really gets my goat.

Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
NEC ARTICLE 100 - DEFINITIONS

Weatherproof.

Constructed or protected so that exposure to the weather will not interfere with successful operation.

FPN: Rainproof, rain tight, or watertight equipment can fulfill the requirements for weatherproof where varying weather conditions other than wetness, such as snow, ice, dust, or temperature extremes, are not a factor.

mark handler said:
NEC ARTICLE 100 - DEFINITIONSWeatherproof.

Constructed or protected so that exposure to the weather will not interfere with successful operation.

FPN: Rainproof, rain tight, or watertight equipment can fulfill the requirements for weatherproof where varying weather conditions other than wetness, such as snow, ice, dust, or temperature extremes, are not a factor.
I stand corrected! (looked for that and did a 2008 CD-rom search) Slipping in my old age. Let WP stand in the legends. ;)

Thanks mark.

You know, there's a reason the practice of architecture requires a license and that passing an ICC exam does not qualify one for it.

Furthermore working in Florida, you are required to know both the statutory and regulatory requirements governing such practice.