• Welcome to the new and improved Building Code Forum. We appreciate you being here and hope that you are getting the information that you need concerning all codes of the building trades. This is a free forum to the public due to the generosity of the Sawhorses, Corporate Supporters and Supporters who have upgraded their accounts. If you would like to have improved access to the forum please upgrade to Sawhorse by first logging in then clicking here: Upgrades

WTF Missouri

Re: WTF Missouri

We are far from being an enterprise system. Our fee schedule for new construction is based on square footage under roof using a value from 1963 (can't convince the governing body to raise them. Our remodel and addition fees are a little more modern with an average of $3 per $1000 estimated construction cost ( I do use the ICC valuation if I think we are being lowballed.) We do charge a whopping $5 per required inspection.

cboboggs, I had that same problem until I finally convinced the council it was not politically correct to "tax" the citizens that do not use the service ie. building permits. I convinced them it is a user fee and that the citizens using the service should pay the fees and not place a burden on the other taxpayers to pay for someone elses project.

I'm glad that worked for you. I have tried that and every other tactic I could think of. Still no luck. :evil:

I verify the cost of commercial construction by requiring a bid award letter or other verification of cost.

Permit fee here would be $5,532.

Gee a 180,000 sq ft recreation center would be a city project right? We would charge nothing for the permits as long as it was a city project. Now if the YMCA were to build the recreation center then the Building Permit would be based on square footage (180,000 square feet)x($500 plus $12/100 square feet)= $22,100 +3% State Surcharge (and we are just a small burg). This would be in addition to a Plan Review Fee, Zoning Fee, Sanitary Sewer Tap In Fee, street opening permit, curb cuts, plus the mechanical permits. When all is said and done the permit fees would total in excess of $46,000.

Can you send one or more of these rec centers our way?