• Welcome to the new and improved Building Code Forum. We appreciate you being here and hope that you are getting the information that you need concerning all codes of the building trades. This is a free forum to the public due to the generosity of the Sawhorses, Corporate Supporters and Supporters who have upgraded their accounts. If you would like to have improved access to the forum please upgrade to Sawhorse by first logging in then clicking here: Upgrades

No Pee in the Pool

This is high end!

I'm curious from hearing about all the water restrictions; did the rain suspend the fines?

And how do they achieve the flow rate for the flushometer valve; is this a special application for home use?

Well it's not like it's a yard drain. Perhaps I should have asked the planning dept. what the setback requirement is for a urinal. There's plenty of outdoor sinks, outdoor showers and one outdoor urinal in southern California. But hey now, this could start a trend.

Well it's not like it's a yard drain. Perhaps I should have asked the planning dept. what the setback requirement is for a urinal. There's plenty of outdoor sinks, outdoor showers and one outdoor urinal in southern California. But hey now, this could start a trend.
Still a code violation, being such a code stickler you should know that. So you only enforce the codes you agree with?

Is this an impersonation of A Well-Known Member? I wonder how one becomes a Well-Known Member.

Last edited:
Heavy rains can cause sewage treatment plant overflows
during Heavy rain, the amount of stormwater entering a sewer system can be overwhelming for the pipes and the treatment plant. This leads to sewer/stormwater overflows, which pollute rivers, streams and the ocean, to which they flow. These overflows contain not only stormwater, but also untreated human and industrial waste, toxic materials, and debris.

When I find the outdoor sinks for BBQ islands I ask for a cover. When I find yard drains hitting the sanitary sewer I ask them to correct it. When I find commercial properties pouring bad stuff in a sink I deal with it. But this urinal was an exceptionaly good idea that has negligible impact. Not to mention that I was there for a PV inspection.

The truth is that I show you what I do enforce and not what I do not enforce, which amounts to a lot. That's just the life of an inspector in a territory like mine. Here lately I haven't posted much of anything but trust me, not much has changed. If I tried to enforce all of the code I wouldn't get far from the office. My hope is to catch what is worth the visit....doing that can hit a 100 corrections in a day.

Consider this Mark, your jurisdiction is remarkably different from mine. I'm pretty sure that I could enforce way more code with far less effort there.

"Where's the Urinal peanuts!" what about the stench? What happen to potty parity?

Like steveray ...."I like it!"

# ~ #

Why have a urinal at all ?......There's a great big
palm tree close by, ...just duck in behind that
and let `er rip ! :D

# ~ #

If this can be upgraded, then this'll be really good. A perfect roofing system is compulsory, or else rain can everything.