• Welcome to the new and improved Building Code Forum. We appreciate you being here and hope that you are getting the information that you need concerning all codes of the building trades. This is a free forum to the public due to the generosity of the Sawhorses, Corporate Supporters and Supporters who have upgraded their accounts. If you would like to have improved access to the forum please upgrade to Sawhorse by first logging in then clicking here: Upgrades

ICC PRONTO TESTING

Looked into it, covers a fair share that applies to Building Inspectors/CBO+. Not sure I am ready to take a test until I hear more as well Keystone.

Just took the Building Codes (BC) exam through PRONTO - went really easily. Huge improvement over being treated like a felon by PrisonView (err, PearsonVue).

Experience is very easy - just have a clean desk, an office to yourself, and make sure your system meets the requirements (webcam and mic, single monitor, etc.). They run you through the rules and test starts. Very easy.

And as the exciting part, after a year with a local jurisdiction, I have been able to progress through the testing and have passed all three exams to qualify for CBO.

Just took the Building Codes (BC) exam through PRONTO - went really easily. Huge improvement over being treated like a felon by PrisonView (err, PearsonVue).

Experience is very easy - just have a clean desk, an office to yourself, and make sure your system meets the requirements (webcam and mic, single monitor, etc.). They run you through the rules and test starts. Very easy.

And as the exciting part, after a year with a local jurisdiction, I have been able to progress through the testing and have passed all three exams to qualify for CBO.

Congrats to you.

Glad to read the process was smooth. Thanks for the feedback.

TyJ, when you took the test was you able to use your laptop camera or did you have to have an external camera?

Heads up for the group:
ICC is not offering the review session for PRONTO. The website reads:

Eligibility for Review Sessions:

For all candidates, you must be within 10 points of the minimum passing score of your exam.

For Certification Exam Candidates: You must schedule your review session within 30 days from your exam. Please note that there is a fee; refer to the Candidate Exam Information Bulletin related to your exam for specific fee information and how to schedule a review session.

However, when you download the form it specifies that it is only for the PearsonVue tests. This has been confirmed with ICC over the phone as well. A friend of mine just found this out the hard way so I thought I would pass it on.

Thank you

Tony

Do any body have any information on what to study for the legal,and CBO test. Can any body share information. There are new books from the time I took it. Thanks . You can email me myboyhaven@hotmail.com