• Welcome to the new and improved Building Code Forum. We appreciate you being here and hope that you are getting the information that you need concerning all codes of the building trades. This is a free forum to the public due to the generosity of the Sawhorses, Corporate Supporters and Supporters who have upgraded their accounts. If you would like to have improved access to the forum please upgrade to Sawhorse by first logging in then clicking here: Upgrades

Which Materials Ladders are Best for Swimming Pool

Start with the one recommended by the pool manufacturer. Beyond that personal preference is a factor.
For an outdoor pool unprotected from the sun, stainless steel can get very hot above the water line.
Plastics do not get as hot.
Plastics degrade over time especially with exposure to UV light, stainless steel generally does not.

Hi Robert

I agree with JBI.

Tell us about yourself, what is the interest for? Are you the consumer, designer, supplier?

We sure do get quite a few Canadian males that are 33 years old, and join in the wee hours of the morning.

Interesting.

Hi Robert

I agree with JBI.

Tell us about yourself, what is the interest for? Are you the consumer, designer, supplier?

We sure do get quite a few Canadian males that are 33 years old, and join in the wee hours of the morning.

Interesting.
As I am a 32 year old Canadian male, I would be interested in what are you implying????:p

Firstly thanks JBI for your reply!! But in my opinion plastics ladder changes its color because of daily exposure to sunlight. Also @fatboy and @tmurray!!! I am not getting you properly what you both are talking about. But I appreciate you if you will help me in my query. As per your query to know who I am then I must say I am simple a consumer.

OK.......Welcome.

We get spammers that do a hit and in the middle of the night/early morning........and surprisingly, are usually in their 30's, and choose to be from Canada.

Reactions: JBI
tmurray, do you prefer "Moosehead" or "LaBlats!" in the wee hours of the morning, just wondering?:)

fb, What's wrong with "Spam!" Really good with scrambled eggs in the hours of the morning!

Robert, I thing a lot of commercial pools have the SS ladders, at least the ones I've been in. The plastic ladders I think would deteriorate and get brittle do to the chlorine and UV issues over time. The plastic steps may have a weight limitation on them?

Good luck with your research.

Plastic ladders are for plastic pools. In ground pools have stainless steel ladders that are bonded to the equipotential bonding grid.

Firstly thanks JBI for your reply!! But in my opinion plastics ladder changes its color because of daily exposure to sunlight. Also @fatboy and @tmurray!!! I am not getting you properly what you both are talking about. But I appreciate you if you will help me in my query. As per your query to know who I am then I must say I am simple a consumer.

Usually our spammers state that they are from Toronto or the surrounding area.

Unlike the US, pools are not regulated by the building code in Canada. They are actually regulated by local by-laws and can vary from municipality to municipality. You might want to see if there is any specific requirements one way or another by calling your local building inspection department. If not, it would be you personal preference.

Reactions: JBI
There are many options of swimming pool ladders that include steel, fiberglass and rugged plastic etc. . All ladders have their benefits and are designed for a certain type of pool or specific purpose. A stainless steel ladder is the most basic ladder. They are stylish and requires no maintenance, won't degrade or rust over time.

So here is the deal with Robert Albera. Robert probably hired a company from India to work on his website, including SEO services to help his ranking. Unfortunately "Robert" has posted and logged on with about 9 different IP addresses, all from India near Nepal. So what is going to happen if the company that Robert hired doesn't come clean, then "Robert" is going to labeled as a spammer. So what happens is that these companies create accounts for their customers, sometimes without their customer's knowledge and try to get their ranking improved by doing what they customers should be legitimately doing and their customers will eventually pay the price as they are added to a worldwide spammer database. I actually went through the trouble of calling a legitimate business to let them know what the company they hired in India was doing and they were surprised that I even knew they hired a web company in India. It is not hard to figure out what is going on here.
You see, eventually "Robert" will start posting links to his website once he gets comfortable here at which point this thread will disappear and Robert will be added to the spammer database along with the 9 or so IP addresses they are using.

OH and Robert, by the way, I have IP piercing so you could use a service that hides/masks your IP but I will pierce right through it and see where it all originates anyway.