• Welcome to the new and improved Building Code Forum. We appreciate you being here and hope that you are getting the information that you need concerning all codes of the building trades. This is a free forum to the public due to the generosity of the Sawhorses, Corporate Supporters and Supporters who have upgraded their accounts. If you would like to have improved access to the forum please upgrade to Sawhorse by first logging in then clicking here: Upgrades

existing interior layout measuring by phone/laser

Hyrax4978

Does anyone have recommendations for either a free cell phone app, or reasonably priced technology that i can use to talk around and scan an existing building layout?

Even if i had to redraw it in cad/revit afterwords, something that would show the walls and dimensions rather than using a tape measure in every single room.

Thanks,

I think the little Bosch laser measures are pretty cheap and available at the big box stores...Or are you looking for something that will actually map it?

I have tried a few

Seem more work than worth

A co worker showed me an Android only one
That draws each room and somehow you can connect them to make a floor plan

Will get the name and post

Does anyone have recommendations for either a free cell phone app, or reasonably priced technology that i can use to talk around and scan an existing building layout?

Even if i had to redraw it in cad/revit afterwords, something that would show the walls and dimensions rather than using a tape measure in every single room.

Thanks,

On android

Arplan