• Welcome to the new and improved Building Code Forum. We appreciate you being here and hope that you are getting the information that you need concerning all codes of the building trades. This is a free forum to the public due to the generosity of the Sawhorses, Corporate Supporters and Supporters who have upgraded their accounts. If you would like to have improved access to the forum please upgrade to Sawhorse by first logging in then clicking here: Upgrades

R5D C2-3 Parking Waiver?

AlExp

My first post on this site!

Working on an Alt 1 C of O Change.

39x100 existing structure - C of O reads:

Ground Floor Bank/commercial Use Group 6
2nd Floor - Vacant
3rd Floor- Vacant

The owner wants to build out the upper two floors as apartments.
This is an entire lot, on a wide street that doesn't allow curb cuts. There is no option to adhere to the parking requirement here. Any way to get a waiver around this?

If not this setup - can we do GF Community Facility second and third commercial with a parking waiver??

Thanks

My first post on this site!

Working on an Alt 1 C of O Change.

39x100 existing structure - C of O reads:

Ground Floor Bank/commercial Use Group 6
2nd Floor - Vacant
3rd Floor- Vacant

The owner wants to build out the upper two floors as apartments.
This is an entire lot, on a wide street that doesn't allow curb cuts. There is no option to adhere to the parking requirement here. Any way to get a waiver around this?

If not this setup - can we do GF Community Facility second and third commercial with a parking waiver??

Thanks

"entire lot" = Interior Lot

Welcome

My thoughts
Wavier alternatives on parking would be up to the city

How many apartments total???

This is NYC Zoning - And yes we are not adding any square footage and no enlargement.

This would be a ZONING issue not building code.

We do have 1 or 2 New Yorkers on here so maybe you will get an answer.