• Welcome to the new and improved Building Code Forum. We appreciate you being here and hope that you are getting the information that you need concerning all codes of the building trades. This is a free forum to the public due to the generosity of the Sawhorses, Corporate Supporters and Supporters who have upgraded their accounts. If you would like to have improved access to the forum please upgrade to Sawhorse by first logging in then clicking here: Upgrades

Virus - Cabin Fever, or Not?

Backyard/ front yard cleaned up, flowers planted, lawn watered..

Starting on touch up paint inside.

Will be glad when the restaurant/ bar opens up.

In Oregon we are still allowed to do construction. Our office staff is reduced by 66%. And I have volunteered to take Tuesdays and Thursdays as vacation time, to reduce the risk of transmitting anything to our remaining office staff during this month and possibly all of next month. (I have a lot of vacation time to burn.)

Like CDA, my property looks the best it has in years!

Veggies planted, citrus trees full, grapes and olives beginning to show, lots of flowers, waistline expanding (duh!)
Well stocked and teleworking but wf-fi speed too slow, exceeded data plan.

Wife convinced me (read between the lines) that i wanted to take down the plastic shutters from my 2 story colonial, and repaint them. 26 shutters. Fortunately she chose the color.

-int paint touch ups done.
-re-sodded yard in areas grass torn up from dogs. Yrly item.
-one bedroom repainted.
-walkway power washed.
-company work car cleaned in and outside.
-garage cleaned out.
-changed out ceiling light fixtures for updated with LED’s.
-hardwood floor from foyer removed, added additional sub floor and wood plank porcelain tile.
-kitchen flooring on its way out for continuation of wood plank porcelain tile.

I'm busier and traveling more than usual. 3rd party company laid off everyone else. Doing plan reviews at home and inspecting electrical services, hospitals and places that got permission to keep building.

still working the regular schedule, inspecting as needed, office work, not public allowed into the town hall

Working at home, but pretty much business as usual. Inspectors inspecting in the field, virtual when it is an occupied space, plans examiners cranking them out, no complaits from citizens, so I guess all is well........kinda. Actuallt going to meet up with my staff social distancing tomorrow for breakfast burritos........hasn't happened in..........

Similar to fatboy. Construction is still permitted here, so we are cranking out permits and performing inspections with social distancing and PPE. We are a shop of two, so I am working from home and my deputy is in the office (I live locally and she is from out of town).

It's probably the busiest we've ever been.

In Oregon we are still allowed to do construction. Our office staff is reduced by 66%. And I have volunteered to take Tuesdays and Thursdays as vacation time, to reduce the risk of transmitting anything to our remaining office staff during this month and possibly all of next month. (I have a lot of vacation time to burn.)

Like CDA, my property looks the best it has in years!
I'm working 60 hour weeks
We are swamped
with Building, Planning and Code Enforcement we have 15 people working split 4/10's except for me...

That seems backwards. Why don’t you drive the short distance to the office and let her stay home.
Because we are responding to multiple inspections a day. She just needs to drive in and out once vs. driving in and out for each inspection.

We have all been working from home but plans are to be back in the office on Monday. The big problem is 3 guys in one space and 2 in another so "social distancing" is not possible for the 3 days they might all be in the office at the same time such as mornings when they start out and afternoons when they come back. Maybe they will just have to continue to take turns working out of their trucks for their office space

I am going to miss working from home. The view of the mountains from my home office compared to my basement city office with no window, ATV ride during lunch, watching the turkey gobblers courting the hens and day by day watching a new season coming in as the grass turns green and the buds appear on the vegetation and the gophers are out. Did I mention the gophers are out? Well it is break time so I will see if I can plink a gopher or two.

Is a dentist office an essential service??
https://www.refinery29.com/en-us/20...st-open-essential-services-coronavirus-safety
"....there are a handful of dental services that are considered essential by the American Dental Association: uncontrollable bleeding, painful swelling around the mouth, and pain in your tooth or jawbone. Post-surgery treatment, including dressing change and stitch removal, … a broken or knocked-out tooth is considered an emergency, as is a biopsy of abnormal tissue.
Exams, cleanings, X-rays, braces removal: They'll all have to wait until the restrictions have been lifted...."

Reactions: cda
Busier than ever, forced to work at home and drive to inspections. Working on code changes, Doctor, dentist and bank review. Told I'm over on vacation and have take it or lose it. Where can you go in May with this goin on?

Busier than ever, forced to work at home and drive to inspections. Working on code changes, Doctor, dentist and bank review. Told I'm over on vacation and have take it or lose it. Where can you go in May with this goin on?

Hawaii and look at the beach from your ocean front hotel,,, for two weeks