• Welcome to the new and improved Building Code Forum. We appreciate you being here and hope that you are getting the information that you need concerning all codes of the building trades. This is a free forum to the public due to the generosity of the Sawhorses, Corporate Supporters and Supporters who have upgraded their accounts. If you would like to have improved access to the forum please upgrade to Sawhorse by first logging in then clicking here: Upgrades

Williams19

Good afternoon, friends! Can you give me a hint, please? There was a need to create a beautiful backyard deck. Long thought about how to do the right thing and watched many different sites for this service (chose this one). But perhaps I can do it myself.

Tell us your examples of work and is it worth doing it with specialized companies?

Wheres Glenn?
He's biting his tongue... This is way too open ended for me to even attempt.

I can say that my live class that covers every building code related to decks requires two full days. My online series of four courses is about 10 hours of video.

They are NOT as simple as many believe...

Guys, I think this may be a quick attempt at a subtle referral to his own company. The link goes to Captain Handy of Toronto.

No, actually, I just couldn't decide on the company (GTA Toronto, Deckexpressions) was also on my mind. But at Captain Handy I liked the pictures and I stopped at them. There is absolutely no advertising :(
I decided to try to build myself and now I watch video and read books :) And in case of failure, I will contact the company. After all, what is done with my own hands is much more pleasant

No, actually, I just couldn't decide on the company (GTA Toronto, Deckexpressions) was also on my mind. But at Captain Handy I liked the pictures and I stopped at them. There is absolutely no advertising :(
I decided to try to build myself and now I watch video and read books :) And in case of failure, I will contact the company. After all, what is done with my own hands is much more pleasant
You can get comprehensive deck code education in four unique on-demand online courses at www.buildingcodecollege.com.

If you have specific questions that arise, feel free to ask.

This is great for my collection of technical deck information. Thank you so much!!
Just remember, that SPF grade can only be found North of the border.

Where I am a border province, we have lumber mills here that work on both sides of the Canada/US border. SPFs has different grading requirements than our SPF, so during the construction slow down in the US, some of the SPFs was floating around here. The biggest issue we found was when it found its way into engineered trusses. There were many creative engineered fixes as SPFs does not perform as well as SPF in certain circumstances.