• Welcome to the new and improved Building Code Forum. We appreciate you being here and hope that you are getting the information that you need concerning all codes of the building trades. This is a free forum to the public due to the generosity of the Sawhorses, Corporate Supporters and Supporters who have upgraded their accounts. If you would like to have improved access to the forum please upgrade to Sawhorse by first logging in then clicking here: Upgrades

Forum Upgrade Coming Soon

jar546

Forum Coordinator
I held off as long as I could but Xenforo stopped supporting version 1.5 over a year ago and it looks like I will be forced to upgrade to the latest and greatest. This, of course will change the look but should not change the functionality much. I am talking with Xenforo and our IT guru Howard to see what this is going to take and when we can do it.

I am starting to see problems with the site that I cannot control and have been backed into a corner, being forced up upgrade. I will let you know when that time will be in advance as we will be down for a few hours when this happens. Hopefully over a weekend depending on Howard's availability.

The good news is that there should be NO issues with Paypal like when we went from one software company to another like last time. I don't know a whole lot yet but I am working on it. Many of us don't like change but we always seem to get through these major moves. The last major move was in April of 2016 and it took us 2 years to recover from that in many ways. but this time we are not changing servers and we are not changing software companies. This is just a major upgrade that requires building a new theme which means a new look. Part of me is not looking forward to doing this and part of me is excited to keep this forum moving forward and keeping up with technology to help us stay current and grow.

More info coming soon as it unfolds. Just an FYI.

What can we do to help Jar?

Do we need to rally the troops for a sawhorse drive?

No need to rally the troops. I don't believe this will be a large costs like last time. This was an informational post only. I just don't want to have members wake up one day and be confused as to the layout of the forum.