• Welcome to the new and improved Building Code Forum. We appreciate you being here and hope that you are getting the information that you need concerning all codes of the building trades. This is a free forum to the public due to the generosity of the Sawhorses, Corporate Supporters and Supporters who have upgraded their accounts. If you would like to have improved access to the forum please upgrade to Sawhorse by first logging in then clicking here: Upgrades

Are flexible connectors legal in CT for boiler hookup?

jack ridley

Looked at a place for a client today. Noticed they had a combi boiler (HW and heating). It was hooked up with a yellow appliance connector. Is this legal under the IRC or National Fuel gas code? Doubt from a few things I noticed not much was done with a permit. Thanks...

Looked at a place for a client today. Noticed they had a combi boiler (HW and heating). It was hooked up with a yellow appliance connector. Is this legal under the IRC or National Fuel gas code? Doubt from a few things I noticed not much was done with a permit. Thanks...

Is this. For a house?

Not my area, but I want to say yes,,,

Except where it enters the housing, required to be hard pipe

Installation instructions which will say not concealed and all of that stuff, but yeah....I would be a little concerned about flow with a big appliance but....

G2422.1 (411.1) Connecting appliances. Appliances shall
be connected to the piping system by one of the following:
1. Rigid metallic pipe and fittings.
2. Corrugated stainless steel tubing (CSST) where
installed in accordance with the manufacturer’s instructions.
3. Listed and labeled appliance connectors in compliance
with ANSI Z21.24 and installed in accordance with the
manufacturer’s instructions and located entirely in the
same room as the appliance.

Some of the CSST requires them to be bonded as well keep an eye on the Manuf specs if allowed. But in Kansas we do allow CSST to be used inside but black pipe needs to be used where it enters the house.