• Welcome to the new and improved Building Code Forum. We appreciate you being here and hope that you are getting the information that you need concerning all codes of the building trades. This is a free forum to the public due to the generosity of the Sawhorses, Corporate Supporters and Supporters who have upgraded their accounts. If you would like to have improved access to the forum please upgrade to Sawhorse by first logging in then clicking here: Upgrades

What zoning code is used to issue permits in a PD after the PD has been established?

Unfortunately, I am at my last shot at this...this will be my last chance to get a reconsideration without going up through the courts (I already spent a lot of money on the last appeal before the city changed the permit number making my suit against the city moot) and I am reaching my financial limits. That's why I'm looking for a rule that outlines how a PD is handled after the fact.

The Pd is the governing document

And normally forever

So what and how something is built,,, has to comply with the verbage in the field Pd.

Give it a few days to let others reply

See if there is a

County recorder office

Do an open records request for any document for this development

I am not sure that the city ever provided me with a copy of the original PD documents as they said they were "lost". I'm going to go through all the files again and see if I have anything that contains it. I wish I could access documents online but the city is not very organized.

If you have any ideas as to where to find it I would appreciate it.
City clerks office? City lost original document?

City clerks office? City lost original document?
Is there a general rule governing what happens if the documents are lost? Where would I find out what happens if the documents are lost? The city sent an email saying that R2 zoning prevailed but are now saying that it doesn't to defend the issuance of the permit.

Is there a general rule governing what happens if the documents are lost? Where would I find out what happens if the documents are lost? The city sent an email saying that R2 zoning prevailed but are now saying that it doesn't to defend the issuance of the permit.

Do you know what year and possibly month, the PD was approved?

not sure if this is what you need when you visit the county recorder

I this is the correct development:::

he Declaration of Covenants, Conditions and Restrictions for Georgetown-onthe-Park Planned Development was recorded in the Utah County Recorder’s Office on July 27, 1983 as Entry No. 22315 in Book 2066, and beginning on page 339 (the “Original Declaration”). B.The Revised and Restated Declaration of Covenants, Conditions and Restrictions of Georgetown-on-the-Parkwas recorded in the Utah County Recorder’s Office on December 13, 1984 as Entry No. 36832 in Book 2183 and beginning on page 704 (the “1984 Declaration”). C.The Supplemental Declaration to Revised and Restated Declaration of Covenants, Conditions and Restrictions of Georgetown-on-the-Parkwas recorded in the Utah County Recorder’s Office on October 24, 1985 as Entry No. 31211 in Book 2256, and beginning on page 219. D.This Second Revised and Restated Declaration of Covenants, Conditions, and Restrictions for Georgetown on the Parkis adopted to: (1) clarify and define the rights of the Association and the Owners, in and to the Project, (2) conform to changes to the Utah Community Association Act and other Utah law, (3) provide for a general plan for managing the Project, and (4) infurtherance of the effort to efficiently and economically provide a quality living environment and protect and enhance the value of the Project. E.This Declaration, which (along with and subject to any future amendments) shall be the sole declaration for the Project and shall completely replace and supersede in all respects the 1984 Declaration, and all prior declarations and amendments thereto, (whether recorded or not, properly adopted or not, or referenced in this Declaration or not), prior to the date of the recording of this Declaration. F.This Declaration affects the real property situated in Utah County, Utah, described with particularity on Exhibit A, which exhibit is attached hereto and incorporated in this Declaration by reference (the “Project”) and shall be binding on all parties having or acquiring any right, title, or interest to the Project or any part thereof. G.The Bylaws of the Association attached hereto as Exhibit B supersede and replace any previous bylaws of the Association and any amendments thereto. H.Pursuant the amendment requirements contained in Article XIV, Section 2 of the 1984 Declaration, the undersigned hereby certifies that this Declaration and Bylaws were approved by Owners holding at least sixty-five (65%) of the total votes ofthe Association

31EXHIBIT A LEGAL DESCRIPTION

All of Georgetown on the Park Amd. Phase I, according to the official plat thereof, on file in the office of the Utah County Recorder at Doc/Entry No. 36831-1984. Including Parcel Numbers 40:103:0001 through 40:103:0017

All of Georgetown on the Park Phase II PUD Amended #2, according to the official plat thereof, on file in the office of the Utah County Recorder at Doc/Entry No. 24882-1984. Including Parcel Numbers 40:194:0001 through 40:194:0020 and 40:194:0500

CDA gave some good advice. The only thing I might add is the PD agreement had to go thru USUALLY several meetings/hearings to get approved. City should have minutes of the meetings that you could go thru. Here the filed plat has the agreements filed with it or on it. Good luck!

Where I am (I don't know if it is the same there), this would be an agreement bound to each parcel in the development and should be available for review at a land registry office. The municipality "should" have copies, access to the registered version or both, but may not have to provide this to you as it lies with the registry office.

Have you considered an open documents request for anything relating to the development of this land?

I think you are getting confused with PUDs and subdivisions. You appear to live in a townhouse or attached housing development and not a single family home even if you have separate lots and that's where the confusion seems to be. You can't have it both ways. I live in a PUD and I marvel at folks who come from single family homes and don't seem to fully understand what they have truly purchased and what their rights are under local zoning.