• Welcome to the new and improved Building Code Forum. We appreciate you being here and hope that you are getting the information that you need concerning all codes of the building trades. This is a free forum to the public due to the generosity of the Sawhorses, Corporate Supporters and Supporters who have upgraded their accounts. If you would like to have improved access to the forum please upgrade to Sawhorse by first logging in then clicking here: Upgrades

Outdoor Gas Water Heater

rbwillis

I am considering relocating a gas water heater from an indoor closet to a pad on the side of the house and enclosing it in a galvanized shed. My question is do I need to extend the vent pipe above my roof line or is 12" above the enclosure, but below the surrounding roof edge sufficient? Thank you, Randy

Last edited by a moderator:
For a roof pitched below 6" in 12" the vent must extend 12" above the roof of the dwelling or any obstruction such as a wall that is within eight feet.

IMG_7564.JPG

Last edited:
~ ~ + ~ ~

and Welcome ** rbwillis ** to The Building Code Forum ! :)

~ ~ + ~ ~

I install Water Heater Vent Pipe Texans Water Heaters it helpful for me but after you've to add waterproofing bitumen or membrane and compare benefits to SBR Chemical it will help you to get best option

IMG_2551.jpg
What happen to my shingles?