• Welcome to the new and improved Building Code Forum. We appreciate you being here and hope that you are getting the information that you need concerning all codes of the building trades. This is a free forum to the public due to the generosity of the Sawhorses, Corporate Supporters and Supporters who have upgraded their accounts. If you would like to have improved access to the forum please upgrade to Sawhorse by first logging in then clicking here: Upgrades

16 degrees in West Pittston?

A bone chilling 49 degrees this morning in Houston. Suppose to hit a high of 70 degrees today.

Omaha will be in the balmy 50's today but thunder storms tonight and dropping to a high in the single digits on Sunday. Fortunately, the majority of snow will stay to the north and east.

Yeah, weather sucks. Me and my stupid metal clipboard. Froze my a$$ off this morning during an hour long rough wire inspection on a home under construction. My hands just can't hack the cold anymore. They start to retract in the position of holding a hammer when it gets real cold.

Can't complain...been waiting all season for some snow and finally a few inches today. Hopefully a Boone & Crockett tomorrow AM before the rain and sleet comes.

We have been having lows in the upper 40's, with a highs in the low 70's and looks like the way it will be over the next week. In my opinion this is just about perfect weather.

It was around 26 the other night, with a quarter inch of snow (our first accumulation.) Enough to do doughnuts in a parking lot and get sideways through some intersections. :grin::grin::grin:

Snow flakes the size of a bull elk! WOW!!!

Don't depend on the doppler radar for our location. We do not have coverage.

Fred, if it gets much colder down there you'll have to break out your winter clothes.....if you even own any.

~6" of snow, drifted knee deep in the road. 12-18 in the mornings windchills around 0-+10 blowing snow till Wed. Couldn't make it up the mountain till Wed. Carried hand tools up Mon. Carried the pancake compressor up the 1/4 mile Tues, almost blew my cookies! Brought the old truck off the mountain yesterday, visions of the grinch coming down the mountain, the ram tried to hop into the cab with me. Made it back up this morning with a load of sheathing, floored and fishtailing, posi's front and rear, that's going to take a few loads. No way to get a crane in, found the keys and took a 4wd backhoe up through the pastures using the stinger to shove and holding the diffy lock. Strapped the 27' metwood beam to the bucket and got it set. Ought to get the lid on tomorrow and finally get it backfilled. Gotta love hunting season, nobody was in a hurry and now, suprise! Its winter. On the plus side, passed another excavator on the way home today, the bear on the toolboxes was hanging over both sides of his truck.

The jobsite is on the hill in the background, the bench just to the right of the boom. I was kinda hoping for a little of that global warming.

bent1.jpg

Ok we are small

6deg an heavy frost

drive 25 mile to office (covering half the state)

car and hood still covered in frost.

global warming my but

at the last energy code adoption I tried to convince them to adopt zone 3 instaed of 5 to anticipate the greening of RI

so maybe I was wrong