• Welcome to the new and improved Building Code Forum. We appreciate you being here and hope that you are getting the information that you need concerning all codes of the building trades. This is a free forum to the public due to the generosity of the Sawhorses, Corporate Supporters and Supporters who have upgraded their accounts. If you would like to have improved access to the forum please upgrade to Sawhorse by first logging in then clicking here: Upgrades

2009 IECC Comm Plans Examiner Test - Advice??

Papio Bldg Dept

Platinum Member
I am testing tommorrow morning for the 2009 IECC Comm Plans Examiner Certification. Any advice or pointers would be helpful?? I assume the test will include the residential portion for apartments with no mixed use? Which section (can't find it in 101.4.6?) references the 3 story cut-off for mixed use & residential?

Good luck! That book is a mystery to me since the good ol boys in this neck of the woods threw it in the air and took pot shots with a 12 gauge.

gbhammer said:
Good luck! That book is a mystery to me since the good ol boys in this neck of the woods threw it in the air and took pot shots with a 12 gauge.
That still cracks me up...no Chapter 4 or 5. I would like to take that test.

welp...ICC/Pearson Vue tried their hardest but I still passed. I wonder what it would be like to go to work every day knowing that each day I had to write exam questions that were even trickier (or more convoluted) than the ones I wrote the day before.

Papio Bldg Dept said:
welp...ICC/Pearson Vue tried their hardest but I still passed. I wonder what it would be like to go to work every day knowing that each day I had to write exam questions that were even trickier (or more convoluted) than the ones I wrote the day before.
You would be more like brudgers :eek:

8 down:

Building Plans Examiner

Commercial Energy Plans Examiner

Accessibility Inspector/Plans Examiner

Plumbing Plans Examiner

Commercial Plumbing Inspector

Commercial Mechanical Inspector

Residential Mechanical Inspector

Residential Plumbing Inspector

...only 37 to go (45 total). I think 8 more would be more than enough for me.

peach said:
MCP doesn't mean much anymore - don't make that your life goal.
Raising my son is at the top of most of my life goals...MCP never made any of my lists, especially the bucket one.