• Welcome to the new and improved Building Code Forum. We appreciate you being here and hope that you are getting the information that you need concerning all codes of the building trades. This is a free forum to the public due to the generosity of the Sawhorses, Corporate Supporters and Supporters who have upgraded their accounts. If you would like to have improved access to the forum please upgrade to Sawhorse by first logging in then clicking here: Upgrades

2015 IPMC exam (64) - How do I know when I'm ready?

Cmessier

I bought the online course from the ICC that has the flashcards/quiz/practice exam. I passed the practice exam with an 85% without having to look at the books at all.

I still feel like I'm going to get tripped up on the real exam. I dont get reimbursed for the $219 bucks if I dont pass, and as I'm only working part time, that $219 is kind of a big deal to me.

Any advice on how to make sure I'm ready for it?

I bought the online course from the ICC that has the flashcards/quiz/practice exam. I passed the practice exam with an 85% without having to look at the books at all.

I still feel like I'm going to get tripped up on the real exam. I dont get reimbursed for the $219 bucks if I dont pass, and as I'm only working part time, that $219 is kind of a big deal to me.

Any advice on how to make sure I'm ready for it?
I have used England training to pass most of my icc exams. They have been very helpful for me. The best 69 bucks I have spent on my future. Hope they can be of benefit for you as well. https://www.ibcode.com/

Just in my opinion, but if you passed the practice exam you'll have no problem with the real test. This one was far and away the easiest one I took.

I took it tonight and passed! It was tougher than I thought, it was a lot less about the IPMC and a lot more based on the IRC and the Legal Aspects, but I studied my butt off and got it the first shot!

Awesome, congrats!