• Welcome to the new and improved Building Code Forum. We appreciate you being here and hope that you are getting the information that you need concerning all codes of the building trades. This is a free forum to the public due to the generosity of the Sawhorses, Corporate Supporters and Supporters who have upgraded their accounts. If you would like to have improved access to the forum please upgrade to Sawhorse by first logging in then clicking here: Upgrades

2021 IECC Mechanical Ventilation Testing Requirement

Coder

Silver Member
Does anyone else that is considering adopting the 2021 IECC think that Section 403.6.3 Testing of mechanical ventilation systems (HRV's, ERV's, Bathroom fans, etc.) is excessive? Thinking about deleting it.

Joe.B

Man, come visit us in CA and I can show you excessive! I wish we had the option to delete some things I don't agree with, but that's not the CA way... <sigh>

Sifu

Sawhorse
I believe so. Like I said before, seems excessive
Agreed. Our AHJ is blindly adopting the 21's. I did a complete review of the IBC and 2017 ANSI in prep to help me since that is mostly where I live, haven't had time to go through the IECC, IPC, IMC and IFGC, but nobody else bothers. Then when this stuff pops up they get indignant.