• Welcome to the new and improved Building Code Forum. We appreciate you being here and hope that you are getting the information that you need concerning all codes of the building trades. This is a free forum to the public due to the generosity of the Sawhorses, Corporate Supporters and Supporters who have upgraded their accounts. If you would like to have improved access to the forum please upgrade to Sawhorse by first logging in then clicking here: Upgrades

A few mistakes.

ICE

Oh Well
I was looking at a solar picture when I noticed this on a neighboring roof. This being an interactive forum and all, how about naming the violations and if you are so inclined, provide a code section.

IMG_5152.JPG

IMG_5152 2.JPG

I don't usually play these games so I won't look too stupid, but I'll name a few I saw in the first few seconds:
Missing gas sediment trap, condensate line support and trap (per MFR??), unpainted gas pipe, don't see a disco, gas pipe support, gas pipe in contact with the curb

Answers based on 2021 IMC/IFGC
1. No trap on the condensate line. IMC 307.2.4/Manufacturer's instructions (unless its located on the other side of the unit)
2. No drip leg/sediment trap on the gas line. IFGC 408.2/408.4.
3. Condensate drain needs support every 4' and to maintain slope (elbow will sag/break). IMC 305.4 and 307.2.1. Probably no slope where it goes under the unit either,
4. If the CSST being used as a union is short enough, it needs a grommet where it goes through the appliance wall. IFGC 411.1/411.1.3.1 (connector material/length) and 411.1.3.3 exception 4 for the grommet.
5. I would require support under the gas line elbow based on IFGC 404.9.

While I'd like to see guards per IMC 304.11, if this is a SFR the IRC doesn't require them. Same with a service platform if the roof is 3/12 or over. The B vent (hope its not single wall) to the right of the unit looks like it needs support on the offset, can't tell for sure if its there. Also, this must be a lot warmer climate than here or it couldn't be exposed below the roofline.

Being a mechanical only inspector I'm not sure about the electrical, but the sealtite snaking through the unit base sure doesn't look right. Is there even a disconnect located on the roof?? Based on the look of the sealtite routing I'm guessing no unless the brown thing to the left is an old rusted one. Doesn't look like any of the roof jacks are secured down either.

The left corner of the roof looks interesting. Built too close to the property line?

I don't usually play these games so I won't look too stupid, but I'll name a few I saw in the first few seconds:
Missing gas sediment trap, condensate line support and trap (per MFR??), unpainted gas pipe, don't see a disco, gas pipe support, gas pipe in contact with the curb
Sorry, totally missed the part about providing a code section, limited time anyway.