• Welcome to the new and improved Building Code Forum. We appreciate you being here and hope that you are getting the information that you need concerning all codes of the building trades. This is a free forum to the public due to the generosity of the Sawhorses, Corporate Supporters and Supporters who have upgraded their accounts. If you would like to have improved access to the forum please upgrade to Sawhorse by first logging in then clicking here: Upgrades

Absolutely NO EXCUSE ICC, Really!

jar546

Forum Coordinator
There are 2 effective ways to communicate these days:

1) By phone

2) By email

So why and how does a large organization like the ICC shut down all email communication AND phone?

So we cannot:

1) Call them to order books, perform certification work, ask code questions, check on membership status, or anything else that a phone allows you to do.

2) Email them to get questions asked because they are ALL down.

3) Do any of the above online with their website.

It is like this organization went out of business and thumbed its nose at the members and the public that relies on it for information.

There was not a natural disaster that caused this so that takes away any legitimate reason for this week long down time.

How can any competent management team allow ALL means of communication to be shut down at the same time for this long?

This is absolutely pathetic and truly beyond comprehension. I mean, really?? In this day and age??

Is it even possible to be this incompetent and moronic and still have a pulse and an IQ that is not in the negatives?

I have been unable to call all week, I am unable to communicate with them all week via email. The website as we know it is also down without any warning.

OK rant is over and I am sure after this I will never be picked for any of the committees that I have been volunteering for without any luck anyway.

Wow jar! I'm LMAO! Ya know the email / press release we all received a few days ago about the "security breech"? Why can't they just tell us the truth? Perhaps they could even use crayons so we could understand it?

View attachment 197

View attachment 197

/monthly_2010_08/572953b89047d_DeadCow..jpg.6cabd96614088bec1ecb1483142d28a5.jpg

Yankee

Unless I missed something, thats the same page I saw on saturday when this started.

Seems there's more to this. Denver meeeting-1or 2 days later website closed fo improvments and down for the count.

Jeff's right it's beyond rediculous.

Maybe they will explain all in Charlotte......

Yea Right. I know someone I'll be talking to. Anyone else going??

Maybe they should move ICC communications to this web site! They could save the membership a bundle of money, have more exposure, and a functioning means of communication. We are only part time IT hacks to boot.

I was in Denver as were many on this board. But I really have to wonder what the hell is going on. I was tempted to contact the software company today but deceided to let it ride until Monday.

This is just their way of sending you the message that you need them and you can't survie without them. Maybe the folks that went to Denver needed to give them another hug and sing just 1 mor vervse of cuumbaya. ROFL

Personally - I haven't missed the site being down - and when I do go there it always reminds me of riding by a massive pileup on the interstate.

No doubt there is some head-chopping going on which appears to be righteous, but gloating isn't cool . . .

Hello every one.

This is Kyle Volenik, some of you may remember me from the Denver meeting, and to those who don't know me, I am the Web Content Editor for the International Code Council. Needless to say, we have had one hell of a week with everything going on, but everything is back online, phones and email.

I wanted to take the time to say hi but likewise, clarify some points made by Jar546.

First, we apologize for the inconvenience this dilemma has caused all of you, not only at this site, but anywhere else.

Secondly, our phones are connected to our network and that's why the system in its entirety was impacted. So, we continued to retrieve voicemail during this time and responded from alternate phones. Also, our phones at our warehouse were separate and up and running.

Thirdly, services operated on other servers were made available on our website during the shutdown including our training campus.

Fourth, when a server's security is breached that means email is not operational. You may have noted this also happened to Chase Manhattan Bank and other organizations in the past several weeks.

And finally, we had no warning either - however we sent out a message to our stakeholders providing the best information we had available.

Once again, we apologize for the delays and inconvenience.

Regardless, I am excited to be here and talk with everyone on this front as we continue to prepare our forward progression to the new discussion board on ICC's website.

Thanks everyone!

V767 ( Kyle ),

Welcome to The Codes Forum! :cool: Thanks for the updates. I appreciate your

visiting this forum to bring us up-to-date on some of the issues at ICC.

Please come back again and often!

northstar, thanks for the welcome, and I will try to keep you guys updated on anymore issues we may be having. I also have every intention of notifying this forum of any News Releases that may go out concerning last week's situation.

TJacobs, I plan on being here quite a lot now that things are working properly.

Yankee, you are very welcome.

V767

Welcome Kyle,

Glad you are here to fill everyone in on the status of the ICC's web.

You have an open platform here to discuss anything within the context of the topics in which you post.

Feel free to post links to beta programs you are working on, changes or anything informational that will help the relationship between the ICC members and the ICC.

Yes Welcome to our little world. Please feel free to use us as needed. Most of the members here are ICC members. We Would also like to extend the welcome to anyone else in the ICC organization to feel free to come on and make comment. This is something that has been lost with ICC and is needed. I believe you will find a fine group of individuals on this site. We need to open all forms of discussion regarding ICC and its future. A little thick skin may be needed, but I believe you will find respect from the majority. The site is well moderated, so we don't let things get out of hand. Please extend the welcome to others!

Kyle - Good job posting on this site what is happening at ICC. Thank You and keep up the effort in this regard - it is appreciated.