• Welcome to the new and improved Building Code Forum. We appreciate you being here and hope that you are getting the information that you need concerning all codes of the building trades. This is a free forum to the public due to the generosity of the Sawhorses, Corporate Supporters and Supporters who have upgraded their accounts. If you would like to have improved access to the forum please upgrade to Sawhorse by first logging in then clicking here: Upgrades

Ads

Paul Sweet

Sawhorse
I know that advertising is necessary to support the website. I'm just getting used to, and only mildly annoyed by, ads between postings in a thread. However, it gets ridiculous when ads get inserted in the middle of a post.

upload_2020-1-17_12-31-20.png

So here is something you won't believe:

This was a surprise to me too. I am trying to figure out what is going on. I changed no settings and the last update was a while back which did not cause this. We use Google AdSense to help generate a little bit of money to help offset the costs but Google has no power over where ads get placed. I will contact my IT guy (that costs money) and see what he knows about these changes.

Seriously though. This surprised me too. I only saw it once though, then never again. I hope it is not a spam problem.

Last week i was seeing ads in the middle of posts, this week it is a little better, bu5 still quite an increase in frequency.

Just saw the ads in the middle of posts...........ugh........it was annoying when it was in between. So, JAR, what is the income from Google Ads? I would pony up another contribution to stop them......... others?