• Welcome to the new and improved Building Code Forum. We appreciate you being here and hope that you are getting the information that you need concerning all codes of the building trades. This is a free forum to the public due to the generosity of the Sawhorses, Corporate Supporters and Supporters who have upgraded their accounts. If you would like to have improved access to the forum please upgrade to Sawhorse by first logging in then clicking here: Upgrades

AHCA requirement for locking panels in nursing home.

chris kennedy

Sawhorse
I got a call today from a 40+ yr old nursing home stating that a comment on the AHCA inspection report requires all their panels have locking doors. This is news to me and I am currently searching ahca.org with no luck. Anyone heard of this requirement before?

Thanks.

A new AHCA regulated construction project will indicate this requirement in the Division 16 electrical specifications, but I am not aware of any requirement for an existing facility to be retrofitted to comply with this requirement unless the facility is being renovated or altered and the electrical equipment is under the scope of work???

Bryan Holland said:
A new AHCA regulated construction project will indicate this requirement in the Division 16 electrical specifications, but I am not aware of any requirement for an existing facility to be retrofitted to comply with this requirement unless the facility is being renovated or altered and the electrical equipment is under the scope of work???
Thanks Bryan, saw the earlier post at MH and am still combing the AHCA site and can't find this requirement either. I'm in Fire and Life Safety there.