• Welcome to the new and improved Building Code Forum. We appreciate you being here and hope that you are getting the information that you need concerning all codes of the building trades. This is a free forum to the public due to the generosity of the Sawhorses, Corporate Supporters and Supporters who have upgraded their accounts. If you would like to have improved access to the forum please upgrade to Sawhorse by first logging in then clicking here: Upgrades

AIC for temp power

ICE

Oh Well
I inspected a temp. power pole at a commercial site. The equipment is rated at 10,000 amps. The Edison AIC is 42,000 amps. I asked for equipment rated at 42,000 amps. Both the contractor and Edison state that they have never heard of such a thing for a temp. power pole. According to them the issue is a non-issue because of the temporary nature of the installation. It might be there for up to a year and hopefully less than that.

It is actually not a first for Edison as I have been on this road in the past. It's the first time that these Edison planners have encountered it.

What do you think about that?