• Welcome to the new and improved Building Code Forum. We appreciate you being here and hope that you are getting the information that you need concerning all codes of the building trades. This is a free forum to the public due to the generosity of the Sawhorses, Corporate Supporters and Supporters who have upgraded their accounts. If you would like to have improved access to the forum please upgrade to Sawhorse by first logging in then clicking here: Upgrades

Alternative Fire Extinguishing?

Better than the old Red Devils of years ago that were glass bulbs filled with carbon tetracloride. If these are filled with water, at least they won't kill anyone.

It is there to keep flys away

Old trick but must work

Up side one gallon per sq ft coverage in case of a fire

Are they tied to fire panel to provide notification?

What is the thickness of the polyethylene? 6 mil is probably too thick except in high heat areas.

Never going to work spacing is way off, not even close, look at the distance the bags are off the wall. :D Does not appear the water supply is automatic either. I wonder if I feel for the raised seal will I find one?

Insurance Engineer said:
Never going to work spacing is way off, not even close, look at the distance the bags are off the wall. :D Does not appear the water supply is automatic either. I wonder if I feel for the raised seal will I find one?
They are extended coverage bags

Did you ask??

Maybe they are temperature indicators, if it is in liquid state not cold enough for the ice