• Welcome to the new and improved Building Code Forum. We appreciate you being here and hope that you are getting the information that you need concerning all codes of the building trades. This is a free forum to the public due to the generosity of the Sawhorses, Corporate Supporters and Supporters who have upgraded their accounts. If you would like to have improved access to the forum please upgrade to Sawhorse by first logging in then clicking here: Upgrades

Anyone taking a vacation this summer?

Oh, I'm going to Sturgis for a three day weekend 8/8-12th........not riding, just sight-seeing..........

Frank said:
Endless vacation starts August 29, 2014 final Friday
congrats!

Last friday I began my endless vacation unless you consider waiting for the mailman to deliver the retirement checks a job? I figure ConArb will be the first to congratulate me! :mrgreen:

pwood said:
congrats! Last friday I began my endless vacation unless you consider waiting for the mailman to deliver the retirement checks a job? I figure ConArb will be the first to congratulate me! :mrgreen:
Do you live in the city you retired from?

cda said:
Do you live in the city you retired from?
I'm 60 miles away and in a different county. The nearest city is 2 miles away with a population of 170. It was 180 when i move here in 1973!

pwood said:
I'm 60 miles away and in a different county. The nearest city is 2 miles away with a population of 170. It was 180 when i move here in 1973!
Well

Conarb is not going to like it

You are not paying for your million dollar retirement ,, because you do not live in the city you retired in..

So I will say congrats

Pwood, now with all that free time that you have, you will be able to help the cause to become the State of Jefferson:)

fatboy said:
If it wasn't such a whirlwind trip I'd take you up on it!
Understood. If anything changes give me a call.

Post Script: What is a vacation??? Heard about such an animal but...

I have never taken a "vacation" until last February

Every "vacation" has been used to visit a relative or go see the grand-kids.

Last February my wife and I went on a cruise and I have to say I was not all that enthused to be "stuck" on a ship for 6 days. However it was the most relaxing and enjoyable week I think I have ever had. I recommend everyone add a cruise to their bucket list if you have not already been on one.

Did Cancun last year, on the beach, not an all-inclusive or mega-sized, so it wasn't crowded, didn't do a dang thing but eat, sleep, drink and play/chill on the beach, or in the ocean.........now that was relaxing. Wifey and I were just talking yeasterday that we need to set another one up, maybe for the spring next year.

Yeah, and don't look at any code related things in MX, some of it is scary!

My son in law and I were invited to an elk camp up in Dubois to hunt this year. I was (Past Tense) really looking forward to it. Saved money to go. Found out last week the dates they are going. September 23rd to October 5th. Oh well... Maybe next year?

steveray - Your video link is down. Do you guys race in the King of the Hammers? I watched / helped out two years ago at a qualifying event at Rausch Creek in Pine Grove, PA. Pretty cool event. I almost have my Cherokee ready to go rock crawling.

Mech said:
steveray - Your video link is down. Do you guys race in the King of the Hammers? I watched / helped out two years ago at a qualifying event at Rausch Creek in Pine Grove, PA. Pretty cool event. I almost have my Cherokee ready to go rock crawling.
Just crawling stuff...no go fast, way too expensive....We are in first place for the RCRocs crawling series in class 3....We are back down for an AUG 30 comp I believe...I will check the link...Thanks!...Wierd, link still works on my phone....See if that is any better...

Last edited by a moderator:
neat

"""""This is one of four racers that competed in the blindfold crawl at the end of the Rcrocs at Rausch Creek Offroad Park""""

we ought to try that with inspections, "" blindfold inspection course""

Just got back from a week in the mountains at Natural Tunnel State Park, with side trips to Breaks Interstate Park and Cumberland Gap. Now it feels like I'm playing Whack-A-Mole to catch up at the office!