• Welcome to the new and improved Building Code Forum. We appreciate you being here and hope that you are getting the information that you need concerning all codes of the building trades. This is a free forum to the public due to the generosity of the Sawhorses, Corporate Supporters and Supporters who have upgraded their accounts. If you would like to have improved access to the forum please upgrade to Sawhorse by first logging in then clicking here: Upgrades

April 2024 ICC hearings

bill1952

SAWHORSE
Anyone here attending the hearings in a couple of weeks in Orlando? I'm thinking I will - section 10 and 11. Mine are E76-24 and E125-24.

The new plan with 2 committee hearings times 2 for groups a & b them the final action hearings - 5 many day meetings in every 3 year cycle - means only the deep pocketed parties can participate regularly.

Well, made it to hearings and they seem to be ahead of schedule, or at least as I estimated. Anyone involved with codes should attend once. It's kind of a great example of a representative governance - much better example than some I can think of.

Well, my two proposals were approved "as submitted" so I came out ok. Doubt I do so well in group B next year. Was nice to put a face or two to posters here.

Keep in mind the changes for this cycle. At CAH #1 all proposals are heard and voted on. The only proposals moving to CAH #2 are ones that receive comments and they must be presented. If a proposal does not receive a comment it goes directly to the PCH.

Excerpts from CP28-05

1713528811366.png
1713528852026.png

Thank you. Understood. I don't plan to comment on my accepted proposals but will he looking out for comments from others.

Unlike these 2 simple proposals, I expect a more difficult time with more significant changes in group B, to be first heard in April 2025.