• Welcome to the new and improved Building Code Forum. We appreciate you being here and hope that you are getting the information that you need concerning all codes of the building trades. This is a free forum to the public due to the generosity of the Sawhorses, Corporate Supporters and Supporters who have upgraded their accounts. If you would like to have improved access to the forum please upgrade to Sawhorse by first logging in then clicking here: Upgrades

Are joist hangers needed

So is this a complete remodel of the building or just one existing unit???

And if comolete remodel what was the building before???
I'm just the carpenter on-site, not the general contractor in charge, but like to be informed before
So is this a complete remodel of the building or just one existing unit???

And if comolete remodel what was the building before???
We are working on the lowest level condo only, which is 95% demolished. All units will remain residential. Does the code require sprinkler system for the unit were working on?

jDCpzDrF

From this picture, yes the code requires hangers.

Reactions: ICE
I'm just the carpenter on-site, not the general contractor in charge, but like to be informed before

We are working on the lowest level condo only, which is 95% demolished. All units will remain residential. Does the code require sprinkler system for the unit were working on?

I would say no sprinkler

You have to be a supporting member to post pictures direct

Or make them a link and post the link

I would also like to see what type of fire separation or fire resistance level we would need to apply considering that it is a separate condominium above. The building itself contains a total of three condominiums, does this become commercial or residential code?

The Fire seperation should be existing unless it is being disturbed

Hi Mike, in my humble opinion, if the IRC rules indicate that certain actions need to be performed, then they need to be performed without any questions. Another thing is what materials are needed for joist hangers to fix them on the beams