• Welcome to the new and improved Building Code Forum. We appreciate you being here and hope that you are getting the information that you need concerning all codes of the building trades. This is a free forum to the public due to the generosity of the Sawhorses, Corporate Supporters and Supporters who have upgraded their accounts. If you would like to have improved access to the forum please upgrade to Sawhorse by first logging in then clicking here: Upgrades

Are you kidding me?

ICC eNews said:
http://media.iccsafe.org/news/eNews/special-editions/bsm-2012v2n1/enews_042612.html Mike Holmes, Building Safety Month

Honorary Ambassador

Mike Holmes, HGTV celebrity and trusted contractor, is lending his support to the campaign as 2012 Building Safety Month Honorary Ambassador. Holmes will kick off the campaign on April 27 with a media tour for television and radio morning shows passing along safety tips and advocating for strong, enforceable codes and a well-trained workforce.

Holmes will host a Building Safety Month chat session on www.makeitright.ca on Thursday, May 10, reinforcing the strong codes save lives message and answering consumer questions via social media. Holmes will also be featured in a PSA that will be available for download the first week of May.
Maybe it is an April fools...I would wait it out until May 1st to make sure.

Amen Permit!

Safety is cool and I wish we could market it every week regardless of who (or whom) is advocating it ;) :)

Last edited by a moderator:
The words No Permit No Inspection Could have KILLED someone is nearly in every show

The exposure to the public is tremendous and the result is probably something like this

Now that I have see the show I know what to watch out for so

I can hire the low price guy and if I relly watch him even a little bit

we wont need those silly permits! everything will be OK

Architect1281 said:
The words No Permit No Inspection Could have KILLED someone is nearly in every showThe exposure to the public is tremendous and the result is probably something like this

Now that I have see the show I know what to watch out for so

I can hire the low price guy and if I relly watch him even a little bit

we wont need those silly permits! everything will be OK
Spoken like a true architect.

LARMGUY said:
Spoken like a true architect.
I experience Architect1281's post every day when working at the permit counter, and it isn't just from watching some show. It's from talking to family members who had the work done and watched somebody else do it. It's from talking to neighbors, or a fly-by-night contractor on a project down the street. All well intended, nevertheless, no good deed goes unpunished. I wouldn't say that blame should be assigned to Mr. Holmes, but there will be just as much likely hood someone will get a permit as doesn't from watching his show.